Ayam Goreng Kalasan
cut into big pieces
Red Chilli Padi
How to cook
Prepare chicken & paste
- Cut the chicken into 4 large pieces.
- Combine garlic, shallots and candlenuts in a mortar and pound with a pestle until it becomes a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the galangal until it’s fragrant.
- Add the paste, bay leaves and ginger slices into the pan.
- Saute all the ingredients together on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut water and cook until the oil separates from the paste.
- Add salt and chicken, ensuring that the latter is evenly coated with the mixture.
- Simmer the chicken until it is tender and all the coconut water has evaporated to leave behind a thick sauce in the pan.
- Set aside the chicken on some kitchen towels to cool.
- Chill in the refrigerator if left out for more than 3 hours.
- Deep fry the chicken until it is golden brown and crispy!
To make Sambal Jelantah
- Pound all the ingredients together in a mortar using a pestle; if you don’t have a mortar and pestle, simply use a blender.
- Stir in heated sunflower oil and adjust salt to taste.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Ayam Lemak Chilli Padi2.5 (2)
Nasi Kerabu with Ayam Percik
Sticky Salmon with Super Greens & Green Goddess Dressing
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes & Cheese-crusted Chicken
Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms
Braised Australian Baby Abalone in Red Yeast Sauce
Golden Pearls In A Nest
Fried Impossible Potstickers
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Stir Fry Kailan with Crispy Pork
Salt Grilled Salmon Head & Collar
Marinated Chicken with Black Fungus
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Crispy Fish Asparagus
Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
Stir Fry Endives with Fish Cake
Mala Black Fungus
Spicy Chicken Nuggets
Kapitan Chicken Curry
Cod in Garlic-Ginger Broth