or steak, sliced thinly into bite-sized pieces
Long Grain Rice
about 2.5cm, peeled
a few sprigs
Light Soy Sauce
How to cook
Prepare the rice
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Spread the cooked rice out on a tray and leave to cool completely.
Prepare the paste
- Trim and quarter 4 spring onions, then place in the mini chopper.
- Pick most of the coriander leaves, add 1½ chillies (deseed if you like), then pulse to a paste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of groundnut oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat.
- Add in the beef and stir-fry for 1 minute or until it starts to brown.
- Add the paste, tear in the mushrooms, and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooled rice and stir-fry for 2 more minutes, or until the rice is piping hot.
- Push the contents of the pan to one side and crack the eggs into the empty space, stirring to break them up.
- When the eggs are just cooked but still soft, toss through the rice and remove from the heat.
- Season the fried rice to taste with fish and soy sauces.
- Trim and finely slice the remaining spring onions and chilli.
- Add the sesame oil, then scatter over the remaining coriander, spring onions and chilli.
- Serve with lime wedges (optional) on the side for squeezing over.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Stir-fried Udon with Shrimp and Fish Cake
One-Pot-Meal Recipe: Chestnut Chicken Rice
Easy Tuna Gimbap
Chicken Capsicum Rice Bowl
Chicken Brown Rice
Homemade Laksa Noodles
Chicken Fried Rice with XO Sauce5.0 (1)
Biryani Rice Bowl
Japanese Soup w/ Ramen Noodles & Sausage
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
Kimchi Fried Rice
One-Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice
Chicken, Broccoli and Cashew Stir Fry
Japanese Omurice (Omelette Rice)
Teriyaki Chicken Rice (Inspired by the Changi Airport)
Stir Fry Chicken Noodles
Korean Army Stew, Christmas Edition
Baby Tiger Omurice Bento
Quick Seabass Miso Ochazuke
Stir-Fry Basil Pork with Rice & Egg4.0 (1)
Chicken Bibimbap (Korean Mixed Rice)