Biryani Rice Bowl
leaves of Lettuce, thinly sliced
root, lightly bruised
|Garlic Onion Oil|
|Curried Minced Meat|
How to cook
- Combine “garlic onion oil” ingredients in a pan and cook over medium-low heat for 8 mins to infuse flavours.
- Remove from heat once onions & garlic turn light brown. Set aside.
- Rinse and prepare rice in a rice cooker as per rice cooker instructions.
- Mix in remaining ingredients into the rice cooker and start cooking.
- Once rice is cooked, pour in the garlic onion oil and mix the rice well, fluffing it in the process.
Curried Minced Meat
- Combine everything, except onion, garlic & soy sauce, into a bowl and mix well.
- In a pan, fry diced onion and garlic in 2 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat for 1 – 2 mins, until onions are translucent.
- Add the minced meat mix and fry for 2 – 3 mins until cooked, making sure to break any large chunks of meat.
- Add soy sauce and mix well.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
Garlic Yoghurt Sauce
- Add salt and garlic on the chopping board.
- Use your knife like a butter spreader, press and spread the garlic-salt mix for 1 min until it becomes a rough paste.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate.
Assemble and serve
- In a bowl, top the turmeric rice with lettuce and curried minced meat.
- Drizzle over 2 tbsp of garlic yoghurt sauce, 1 sprig of chopped coriander and any additional garnishes you like.
You may also like
Mutton Korma with Saffron Rice
Stir-Fry Basil Pork with Rice & Egg
Xi’an Spiced Chicken with Fragrant Rice
One-Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice
Chicken Fried Rice with XO Sauce
Tomato Fried Rice
Rice-Cooker Salt Baked Chicken
Curry Fried Rice
Chicken Brown Rice
Rice Cooker Laksa Fried Rice
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
Pineapple Fried Rice
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Chicken Capsicum Rice Bowl
One-Pot-Meal Recipe: Chestnut Chicken Rice
Beef Fried Rice
Teriyaki Chicken Rice (Inspired by the Changi Airport)
Chicken Karaage with Rice
Sweet Potato Abacus Seed Aglio Olio
Just 5 Minutes: Pan Seared Salmon on Tomatoes
Chicken Karaage Bento (Inspired by the Singa Lion)
Mala Xiang Guo
Chicken Caesar Wraps
Teriyaki Benja Chicken