Braised Stuffed Shiitake Mushrooms with Greens
Fresh Chinese Parsley
of your choice
How to cook
Prepare the mushroom caps and stuffing
- Remove the mushroom stems. Marinate the mushroom caps in oyster sauce, sesame oil, corn flour, and a dash of pepper for 30 mins in the fridge.
- Peel and dice the chestnuts, then chop the Chinese parsley finely. Set both aside.
- Add the shrimp paste, Chinese parsley, diced chestnuts, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
Blanch the spinach
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a few drops of cooking oil and blanch the spinach for 1 min. Remove from the pot and drain spinach in a colander. Place it under cold running water to halt the cooking process, then transfer it to the serving plate.
- Use a scoop for perfectly portioned shrimp paste, and place them carefully into the marinated mushroom caps.
- Boil water in a wok. Place the mushroom caps on a heat-resistant plate and rack, then cover the wok. Lower the heat and allow to steam for 8 mins.
- Remove the mushroom caps from the wok once this is done and top them with the blanched spinach.
Get the broth ready
- Grate some ginger (and some minced garlic if you like) and set them aside. To make the broth, heat a pan with some oil, fry grated ginger (and garlic) until fragrant before adding the broth and then finally, bringing it to a boil.
- Pour the broth over the mushrooms gently. Serve hot & enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Fried Spaghetti Balls
Zespri Kiwifruit Lollies
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Chanko Nabe (Sumo Hot Pot)
Rice-Cooker Braised Chicken
Chicken Soup with Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms
Stir Fry Endives with Fish Cake
Sticky Salmon with Super Greens & Green Goddess Dressing
Kam Heong Prawns
Sustenir Kale Chicken Mushroom Omelette
Stir Fry Chye Sim with Mushroom
Sea Asparagus with Liver Sausages
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
Mullet Fillet Teriyaki
Pierogi with Potato Fillings
Australian Premium Wild Abalone With Pomfret
Fluffy Green Pancakes
Baked Boneless Dang Gui Chicken with Wolfberries
Abundance & Prosperity Poon Choi
Cashew Crusted Avocado
CNY Royal Umbrella Rice YuSheng
Deep-fried Fish with Chilies