Bubur Cha Cha (Inspired by the Dragon Playground)
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
tied into a knot
UHT Coconut Cream
Blue Food Colouring
Red Food Colouring
How to cook
Prepare the pumpkin and yam
- Steam the pumpkin and yam for about 20 minutes until softened but still firm.
- You can remove the pumpkin earlier as it takes less time to cook.
Prepare the tapioca jelly
- Pour boiling water over the tapioca starch and quickly mix it.
- Let the dough cool slightly, then knead quickly until smooth and pliable.
- Divide the dough into 3 portions then use food colouring to dye one portion blue, one portion red, and leave one portion white - knead until evenly coloured.
- Roll the dough into a long strip then shape and cut into 1cm cubes (sprinkle tapioca starch to prevent them from sticking).
- Shake off any excess flour, then cook the tapioca cubes in boiling water for 5 minutes (when the tapioca cubes float to the surface, they are cooked).
Prepare the coconut soup
- Add the pandan leaves, sugar and water into a pot and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Discard the pandan leaves, lower the heat, then add in the coconut cream and salt.
- Simmer for 10 minutes on medium-low heat without the cover, then remove from heat.
Assemble and serve
- Cut the pumpkin into the shape of the dragon playground.
- Cut the yam to form the dragon’s eye and tiles.
- Arrange the dragon-shaped pumpkin with the blue tapioca jelly and 1cm yam cubes as tiles.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Christmas Vanilla Cake
The Good Ol’ Days Ice Cream
Cake in a Jar
Chicken Karaage Bento (Inspired by the Singa Lion)
Eight Treasures Tang Yuan
XO Sauce Pizza
Teriyaki Chicken Rice (Inspired by the Changi Airport)
Softshell Chilli Crab Gua Bao
Mini Chicken Satay (Inspired by the Singapore Flyer)
Lemon Cardamom Cake
The Milky Way
Coconut & Pomelo Mochi Pudding
No-Bake Taro Tofu Cake
Bubur Candil (Sweet Tapioca Balls in Coconut Cream Sauce)
Peach Gum Jellies
Caramelised Apple Crumble
Lyre Non-Alcoholic Spritz