Caramelised Apple Crumble
Granny Smith Apples (grated)
Royal Gala Apples (cubed)
Water, as needed
A squeeze of lemon juice
A dusting of cinnamon sugar
How to cook
Prepare the crumble mix
- Add the flour, caster sugar, oats, chopped walnuts and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well, then work in the butter until they resemble breadcrumbs. Chill until needed.
Make the caramelised apple sauce
- Make a dry caramel with the caster sugar. Once the caramel turns light brown, add the butter.
- Add grated granny smith apples and cook until it becomes a puree. Add a few tablespoons of water to water down the caramel.
- Add the Royal Gala Apples and star anise into the mixture. Cook until caramelised, then remove the star anise. Add in the honey.
Prepare to bake and serve after!
- Lightly grease the enamel tin with butter. Spread the apple mix at the base of the tray, and sprinkle a light layer of cinnamon sugar.
- Pour over the crumble mix evenly. Dust with more cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for 30 mins, then 200°C for 15 mins.
- Serve warm with some ice cream. It could be vanilla or any other flavour you prefer!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Lemon Cardamom Cake
Bubur Cha Cha (Inspired by the Dragon Playground)
Cake in a Jar5.0 (2)
Crepes With Caramelised Apples
French Almond Apple Tart3.5 (4)
No-Bake Taro Tofu Cake
Apple & Hazelnut Oats Brownies
Christmas Vanilla Cake
Halloween Silly Fruit Bites
Coconut & Pomelo Mochi Pudding
Peach Gum Jellies
Multigrain Fruity Cookies
Eight Treasures Tang Yuan
Christmas Cornflakes Wreaths
Bubur Candil (Sweet Tapioca Balls in Coconut Cream Sauce)
Banana Bread Pudding
Almond Cookies using Airfryer1.0 (1)
Strawberry Mochi5.0 (1)