Chicken Soup with Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms
preferably bone-in, cut into chunks
Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
peeled and sliced very thin
How to cook
- Cut chicken into chunks. Afterward, place the chicken in a bowl along with soy sauce, salt, sugar, cornstarch and ginger.
- Mix and massage for about a minute to help the chicken absorb the marinade and set it aside.
- Wash the dried shiitake mushrooms, drain, and then soak in warm water to rehydrate and soften.
- When the mushrooms have softened, remove them from the water (saving the soaking liquid) and slice thinly.
- Put chicken, water, and mushroom soaking liquid in a pot and bring to a boil (high heat).
- Cover the pot, turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Quick Seabass Miso Ochazuke
Rice-Cooker Braised Chicken
Chinese Watercress Soup
Chicken Macaroni Soup
Chicken Caesar Wraps
Chanko Nabe (Sumo Hot Pot)
Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
Salmon Head Soup
Fish Maw Soup
Healthy Fried Brown Rice
Japanese Udon Soup
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Double-Boiled Winter Melon Chicken Soup with Black Eye Bean
Baked Pesto Chicken with Quinoa Veg
Zespri Kiwifruit Lollies
Chicken Broccoli Salad
Soy Butter Glazed King Oyster Mushroom
ABC Soup5.0 (1)
Braised Stuffed Shiitake Mushrooms with Greens
Apple Chicken Salad with Kale Pesto Pasta
Pork Shoulder & Mushrooms Red Wine Stew
Tsukune in Miso Happy Broth