Chicken Soup with Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms
preferably bone-in, cut into chunks
Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
peeled and sliced very thin
How to cook
- Cut chicken into chunks. Afterward, place the chicken in a bowl along with soy sauce, salt, sugar, cornstarch and ginger.
- Mix and massage for about a minute to help the chicken absorb the marinade and set it aside.
- Wash the dried shiitake mushrooms, drain, and then soak in warm water to rehydrate and soften.
- When the mushrooms have softened, remove them from the water (saving the soaking liquid) and slice thinly.
- Put chicken, water, and mushroom soaking liquid in a pot and bring to a boil (high heat).
- Cover the pot, turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
You may also like
Braised Stuffed Shiitake Mushrooms with Greens
Chicken Capsicum Rice Bowl
Japanese Udon Soup
Lion Head Fish Maw Soup
Seared Salmon with Rainbow Salad
Light and Bright Beef Stew
Chicken Broccoli Salad
Chicken Caesar Wraps
Cashew Crusted Avocado
Garlic Butter Oyster Mushrooms
Double-Boiled Winter Melon Chicken Soup with Black Eye Bean
Cream of Tomato Soup
Festive Seafood Abalone & Fish Maw Soup
Tom Yum Goong
Grilled Chicken Pita
Tsukune in Miso Happy Broth
Salmon and Bok Choy
Sustenir Kale Pesto, Potato and Green Bean Salad
Italian-Style Chicken Stew
Salted Egg Yolk Chicken Wrap
Family Treasure Soup