Chinese Yam (Taro) and Pork Congee
can be replaced with pork jowl or ground pork
Dried Shitake Mushrooms
How to cook
Marinate the pork
- Place the pork in a large mixing bowl then add in soy sauce, sesame oil and corn starch
- Marinate overnight or for at least 1 hour before using.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Add dried shrimp and sauté until fragrant (about 10-15 seconds).
- Add in the pork and sauté until it changes colour.
- Add in the shiitake mushrooms and yams then sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add in the rice grains and chicken stock then bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat and continue to cook until the rice is soft and thickened (about 20-30 minutes).
- Season the porridge with salt to your taste.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Prawn Paste Mushrooms & Shabu Rolls5.0 (1)
Prawn and Egg Fried Rice
Singapore-Style Chilli Tiger Prawns and Mussels
E-Fu Noodles with Braised Abalones and Broccoli
Braised Golden Bridge waxed meat ee mian
Herbal Bak Kut Teh5.0 (2)
8 Treasure Seafood Platter
Sweet and Sour Prawns with Assorted Fruits
Fluffy Sweet Potato Bread (Bread Maker Machine)
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Baked Chicken Winglets with Abalone And Broccoli
Crab and Seafood Porridge
Coffee Pork Ribs
Chinese Fish Congee
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Braised abalone with scallops, mushrooms and broccoli
Nai Nai Braised Pork
Royal Golden Ingot Rice Bowl
Jiufen Dessert Bowl5.0 (1)
Hot And Sour Fish With Pickled Leaf Mustard Hotpot