Cod in Garlic-Ginger Broth
peeled and sliced into thin matchsticks
stems removed, caps thinly sliced
white and green parts, finely chopped
or vegetable broth
Light Soy Sauce
How to cook
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over medium-low heat. Immediately add in the onion, ginger and garlic.
- Stir constantly and cook slowly for 3 minutes, until the onion is softened and all the aromatics are fragrant. Take care not to burn them!
- Stir in the soy sauce, dashi and lime juice.
- Place the cod fillet in the wok and turn the heat to medium. Cover and let the fish cook slowly, making sure that the broth stays at a bare simmer. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in the shiitake mushrooms, carrots and green onions.
- Cover again and cook an additional 2 minutes or until cod flakes easily at the thickest part.
- Top with cilantro and serve immediately.
You may also like
Ayam Goreng Kalasan
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
Golden Pearls In A Nest
Sunxion Steamed Clams with Garlic and vermicelli
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
One-Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice
Cantonese Roast Chicken Stuffed with Rice
One Pot: Chicken Chow Mein
Chilli Crab Dip
Braised Longevity Ee Fu Noodles in Chicken Broth
Braised chicken wings with ginger and sesame oil
Buddha Jump Over The Wall in Egg White Fortune Pouch
Honey Garlic Meatball
Wok-Fried Tangy Prawns with Sesame Soy Dressing
Kam Heong Prawns
Braised Sea Cucumber and Mushroom
Easy Pen Cai
Braised Australian Premium Wild Abalone in Golden Sauce
Golden Chicken Ingot
Chinese Watercress Soup