Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
How to cook
Prepare the chicken
- Snip out the spine of the chicken and flatten it.
- Place the chicken, skin side down in a large non-stick skillet that is heating up and press on the chicken lightly to ensure the skin gets as much contact area with the pan as it can.
- Cover the chicken with a piece of aluminium foil.
- Sear the chicken for about 15 mins, until the skin is very crispy.
- Flip the chicken, allow it to cook at low heat for a few more minutes.
Prepare the sauce
- Slice the spring onions thinly and grate the ginger.
- Mince the garlic, finely dice the onion and chilies.
- Cut the mandarins into small bite-sized cubes.
- Place the sliced spring onions and ginger into a metal bowl.
- Heat up the oil until just before smoking, pour the hot oil into the ginger and spring onion mixture. Let it cool down for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the diced red onion, minced garlic, chilies and diced mandarins.
- Season with lemon zest, lemon juice (from about ¼ of lemon), soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and a bit of white pepper.
Assemble and serve
- Spoon over the chicken, top with finely chopped chives and flaky sea salt and dish is ready to serve.
You may also like
Mala Xiang Guo
Easy & Healthy Tiger Roar Pen Cai
Impossible Meat Patty
Braised Chinese Mushrooms abalone chestnut fish maw in Oyster sauce
Marinated Chicken with Black Fungus
Braised Australian Premium Wild Abalone in Golden Sauce
Braised abalone with scallops, mushrooms and broccoli
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Ah Ma’s Chicken Rice
Abundant Pan-fried Grouper with Oyster Sauce
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
Glazed Scallop Meatballs
Golden Spicy Scallops
One-Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice
Hakka Abacus Seeds
Golden Pumpkin Scallops and Crispy Wanton
Braised Pork Belly
Crispy Fish Asparagus
Stir Fry Kailan with Crispy Pork
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Golden Chef Auspicious Fortune Pot Chicken Stew
Baked Boneless Masala Chicken Leg with Abalone Marinate
Stir-Fried Spring Onion Ginger Fish with Fragrant Sesame Oil