Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Hua Tiao Chiew
Sweet Chilli Sauce
How to cook
Prepare the duck
- Poke the duck legs evenly with needle.
- Rub the duck leg with salt and chicken powder.
- Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Place the marinated duck legs on a tray and cover with spring onion, ginger, star anise, cinnamon stick, peppercorns and Hua Tiao Chiew, then steam for 40 minutes.
- Remove the duck legs from the steamer, and set aside.
Prepare the batter
- Mix the plain flour, corn flour, baking powder, water and cooking oil for the batter and set aside.
Prepare the sauce
- Mix the sweet chilli sauce, calamansi juice, chilli padi, shallot and some orange zest in a large bowl with the mandarin oranges.
- Keep the sauce mixture chilled.
- Heat up the oil in a large pot.
- Dust the duck legs with corn flour, coat with batter, and deep fry till golden brown.
- Set aside the fried duck legs on absorbent paper.
- Spread the sauce on the plate and lay the fried duck legs on top.
- Garnish with spring onions, chilli and coriander leaves, and serve.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Deep-fried Fish with Chilies
Abundance & Prosperity Poon Choi
Seafood Pao Fan
Golden Pumpkin Scallops and Crispy Wanton
Dak-galbi (Korean Spicy Stir-Fried Chicken)
Gold Bar Spring Roll
Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
Kam Heong Prawns
Impossible Meat Patty
Golden Chef Razor Clam Meat Patty
Crispy Sweet Tofu
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Braised Stuffed Shiitake Mushrooms with Greens
Stir Fry Chye Sim with Mushroom
Braised Golden Bridge waxed meat ee mian
Prosperity Fish Hor Fun with Fragrant Oil
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Sea Asparagus with Liver Sausages
Mala Braised Duck
Mala Xiang Guo
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
Golden Chef South African Baby Abalone with Korean Rice Cake
Family Treasure Soup