|For the Durian Sauce|
|1 1⁄2 cups|
|For the Sticky Rice|
How to cook
- Wash the rice in a bowl of cold water until water runs clear.
- Let it soak for 4 hours or overnight before steaming it for 20-25 mins.
Prepare coconut milk syrup
- Mix coconut milk, sugar and salt in a small pot and cook over medium heat and ensure sugar is dissolved.
- Once the rice is steamed, transfer it into a bowl and pour in the coconut syrup over the rice.
- Stir and break up any lumps and set aside, cover the bowl and let it absorb all the liquid.
Prepare durian sauce
- Combine coconut milk, palm sugar and salt in a small pot.
- Cook over medium heat and ensure sugar is dissolved and turn off the heat.
- Add in the durian flesh and let it sit and infuse, covered for another 20 mins before serving.
Assemble & serve
- Assemble the coconut glutinous rice in a bowl and pour durian sauce over the rice and it is ready to serve.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Thai Mango Sticky Rice
Muah Chee5.0 (1)
Strawberry Mochi5.0 (1)
Crepes With Caramelised Apples
Durian Min Jiang Kueh
Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls
Sweet Potato Ondeh Ondeh4.0 (1)
Durian Ice Cream
Rose-Flavoured Glutinous Rice Balls
Purple Sweet Potato Onde-Onde Energy Balls
Glutinous Rice Balls ‘Tang Yuan’ with Black Sesame Paste
Eight treasure rice
Durian Cream Pancakes
Coconut & Pomelo Mochi Pudding
Strawberry Jelly Cheesecake
Just 5 Minutes: Microwave Cheesecake5.0 (3)
Osmanthus Rose Jelly
Fruit Crystal Dumplings
Chocolate Chip Bread
Jiufen Dessert Bowl5.0 (1)
French Almond Apple Tart
Thai Green Papaya Salad (Som Tum)