Easy Numbers Cake
Vanilla Cake Mix
plus ingredients called for on the box
softened, 3 sticks
|1 1⁄2 cups|
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Pure Vanilla Extract
of your choice
How to cook
Prepare the cakes
- Preheat oven to 176°C and line two 9 by 13 inch pans with parchment paper.
- Prepare the cake mixes according to the package directions.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (about 25 minutes).
- Let the cakes cool.
Prepare the buttercream
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Add cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt and beat until combined.
- If you desire a thinner consistency, add 1 more tablespoon cream.
Assemble and serve
- When the cakes are cool, flip them onto a cutting board and level them with a serrated knife.
- Stack one on top of the other and cut out the desired number - discard the scraps or save them for another use.
- Unstack the top cake layer and spread a thick layer of buttercream on top of it.
- Stack the second cake layer on top of the buttercream layer.
- Frost the top of the second cake layer with buttercream.
- Decorate with candy of your choice.
You may also like
Japanese Fruit Sandwich
Galaxy Lemonade Soda
No-Bake Jelly Cake
Crispy Salmon Skin
Chocolate Christmas Log Cake
Mug Date Cake
Peach Sponge Cake
Easy Homemade Churros
Honey Walnut Cake
Ham & Cheese Sandwich
Orange Passover Cake
Baileys Irish Cheesecake
Durian Cream Pancakes
Grilled Pound Cake French Toast with Smoked Maple Syrup
Lemon Cardamom Cake
New Zealand Natural Ice Cream Cookies
Minced Chicken Rice Balls
Easy Homemade Granola
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake
Kellogg’s Lace Nibbles