Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
or other fresh seafood of your choice, such as prawns
How to cook
- Clean and remove all bones thoroughly.
- Slice the fillet into large chunks.
Prepare egg mixture
- Lightly beat eggs with a pair of chopsticks to mix evenly, then take note of its amount in the holding bowl.
- Add about 150% of chicken stock or water (as compared to the amount of egg mixture), and season with salt and ginger juice to taste.
- The ideal egg water ratio should be around 1 (egg) : 2 (liquid) in volume.
- Pour 80% of the mixture into a wide surface bowl that’s not too deep.
- Steam it for about 3-4 minutes under high heat till it starts to form into a custard.
- Remove from the steamer, add fish or seafood of your choice evenly, then pour the rest of the 20% egg solution.
- Return to the steamer and steam for another 4-5 minutes till cooked.
- Pour some soy sauce and cooking oil on top to taste, then top it with little fried shallots and spring onion.
- Serve hot immediately.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
Delectable Fish Wing In Sour Chicken Broth
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Abundant Pan-fried Grouper with Oyster Sauce
Prosperity Fish Hor Fun with Fragrant Oil
Kam Heong Prawns
Glazed Scallop Meatballs
Wok-Fried Tangy Prawns with Sesame Soy Dressing
Appetizing Grouper Fillet Cubes
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Braised abalone with scallops, mushrooms and broccoli
Buddha Jump Over The Wall in Egg White Fortune Pouch
Steamed Pork Ribs with Salted Plum
2022 CNY Hello Kitty Tiger Pineapple Tarts
Double-Boiled Winter Melon Chicken Soup with Black Eye Bean
Cow with tiger head bento
Ah Ma’s Chicken Rice
Vegetarian Sweet & Sour Pork
Braised Herbal Chicken with Huiji Waist Tonic
Golden Chicken Ingot
Braised Pork Belly
Chicken Soup with Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms