Har Cheong Gai
Mid-Joint Chicken Wings
Chinese Rice Wine
hua tiao jiu, optional
How to cook
Marinate the chicken wings
- Place the chicken wings in a bowl.
- Add in the fine shrimp sauce, Chinese rice wine, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil and white pepper, then mix well.
- Transfer the coated chicken wings to a resealable plastic bag, seal and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 hours.
Prepare the batter
- Combine the plain flour, potato starch, baking powder, egg and water, then mix until the batter is smooth.
- Add the marinated chicken wings to the batter and mix well.
- Heat sufficient oil for deep-frying in a wok over medium heat.
- Add in the chicken wings and deep-fry until golden brown (keep the oil at 180°C while frying the wings).
- The chicken wings will start to float in 4-5 minutes when they are done.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oil, drain well and serve.
You may also like
Salted Egg Yolk Chee Cheong Fun
Kam Heong Prawns
Fruitful Sweet Prawns
Lotus Mooncake Cookies
Golden Spicy Scallops
Sticky Salmon with Super Greens & Green Goddess Dressing
Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms
Salmon Belly Skewers
Herbal Bak Kut Teh
Braised Australian Baby Abalone in Red Yeast Sauce
Durian Min Jiang Kueh
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Stir Fry Endives with Fish Cake
Salt Grilled Salmon Head & Collar
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Truffle Infused Baby Abalone Claypot Rice
Ho-Ho-Hot Luncheon Meat Fries
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Braised Longevity Ee Fu Noodles in Chicken Broth
Spicy Chicken Chilli Oil Noodles
Sea Asparagus with Liver Sausages
Dumpling Fried Rice
Gooey Cheese Sticks