Hot Smoked Salmon
|Salmon Fillet||500 g|
|White Rice||1⁄3 cup|
|Chinese Tea Leave||1⁄4 cup|
|Chinese Rice Wine||1 1⁄2 tbsp|
|Light Soy Sauce||3 tbsp|
|Brown Sugar||1⁄2 cup|
How to cook
- In a mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, minced ginger and sugar to make a marinade.
- Cut Salmon into 2 pcs and cover it with marinate. Marinade for 10 minutes.
Prepare to smoke salmon
- Line a wok with aluminum foil, and ensure that the aluminum foil covers all surfaces of the wok.
- Combine the brown sugar, rice, tea leaves and star anise in a bowl and spread the mixture evenly onto the base of the aluminum foil.
- Set a round wire rack over the mixture. It should be about 2 cm above the mixture.
- Heat the wok over high heat for about 5-8 minutes or until the mixture begins to smoke.
- Place marinated salmon on the wire rack skin side down. Place on the cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Do not remove the cover for 10 minutes.
- Check for doneness with a fork, the salmon should flake easily. If the salmon is not done, smoke for another 2–3 more minutes.
- Serve up with your favourite sides.
You may also like
Chanko Nabe (Sumo Hot Pot)
Salmon Fillet “Comme A La Maison”
Spicy Salmon Bibimbap
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Garlic Lemon Butter Salmon
Just 5 Minutes: Pan Seared Salmon on Tomatoes
Crispy Skin Pan Seared Salmon
Roasted Salmon and Vegetables with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
Baby’s First Bolognese Sauce
Chicken Fried Rice with XO Sauce
Black Pepper Mutton
Chicken Karaage Bento (Inspired by the Singa Lion)
Roasted Prawns with Seaweed Butter
Steak with a Peppery Mushroom sauce
Sunshine Pappardelle in Carrot & Leek Cream
Chicken Caesar Wraps
Scrambled Eggs with Crispy Basil Chicken
Tomato Fried Rice
Carbonara-style Instant Noodles
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
Salted Egg Pork Roulade
Baked Seafood Pasta Bag
Biryani Rice Bowl