Iga Penyet (Fried Beef Ribs)
Dried Red Chilli
rehydrate in water
How to cook
Prepare the chilli sauce
- Stir-fry garlic, shallots, red chilies and red tomatoes until cooked.
- Blend it with brown sugar, salt, sugar and shrimp paste until smooth.
- Cook the beef ribs, bay leaves, lime leaves, lemongrass, ginger, salt, sugar, beef powder and water in a pressure cooker for 50 minutes, or boil it in a pot till the meat turns tender.
- Once the beef ribs are cooked, remove it from the broth and set it aside to cool for 15 minutes - allow the excess broth to drip out from the meat to avoid the oil from splattering when frying it.
- Pour oil into a pot and deep fry the beef ribs for about 10 minutes till the meat turns slightly crispy on the surface.
- Plate up the beef ribs with rice and chilli paste on the sides, garnish with vegetables on the side and serve!
You may also like
Biryani Rice Bowl
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Chicken Fried Rice with XO Sauce
Chicken Karaage with Rice
Wok-fried Mee Sua with Tiger Prawns
Stir-Fry Basil Pork with Rice & Egg
Rice Cooker Laksa Fried Rice
Pineapple Fried Rice
Stir Fry Chicken Noodles
Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Curry Fried Rice
Roast Beef Sliders
Braised Golden Bridge waxed meat ee mian
Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
Beef Fried Rice
Korean Army Stew, Christmas Edition
Fried Mee Tai Mak
Baby’s First Bolognese Sauce