Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Red Cargo Rice Vermicelli
Chinese Chives (koo chye)
dissolved in water
soaked and softened in water
Salted Bean Paste
How to cook
- Cook whole fresh prawns in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain, peel, slice in half and set aside for topping.
- Boil the eggs, peel then cut them into half.
- Soak the red rice vermicelli in a bowl of hot water for 8-10 minutes. Drain well.
- Fry the red rice vermicelli with a tablespoon each of oil and sambal tumis. Set aside.
- Blend onions, garlic, dried shrimps and candlenuts into a paste.
- Add oil to the pot and saute the blended ingredients till fragrant for 10 minutes.
- Add sambal tumis, salted bean paste and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add ground peanuts, 1.5 liters of water and assam (dissolve in 500ml water, removed seeds) and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add sugar and coconut cream once the gravy is done simmering. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes
Assemble & serve
- In a bowl, place a serving of rice vermicelli, then add some gravy over the vermicelli.
- Garnish with a hard-boiled egg, chopped chives and half of a lime.
- Before eating, squeeze the lime all over the mee siam.
You may also like
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Gulab Jamun Parfait
Mutton Korma with Saffron Rice
Happiee K-Bagel Fishiee Patty Burger with Kimchi Slaw
Tandoori Fish Tacos
Air-Fryer Onion Pakora
Prosperity Fish Hor Fun with Fragrant Oil
Biryani Rice Bowl
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Spaghetti Chili Garlic
Chicken Fried Rice with XO Sauce
Stir-Fry Basil Pork with Rice & Egg
Carbonara-style Instant Noodles
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – Indian Fish Curry
Braised Prawns, Crab Meat & E-Fu Noodles In Oyster Sauce
Wok-fried Mee Sua with Tiger Prawns
Dum Paneer Kalimirch
Dry Laksa Udon with Tiger Prawns
Steak with a Peppery Mushroom sauce
Grilled Striploin Steak with Garlic Butter Mushroom