Kimchi Fish Pancake Fritters
or any fish of your choice
roughly chopped into small chunks
|1 1⁄4 cups|
How to cook
Prepare the fillings
- Cook the fish based on your preference (could be fried or steamed) then pull apart the cooked fish into small chunks.
- Squeeze out the excess carrot juice from the grated carrots so that it does not dilute the batter.
Prepare the dipping sauce
- Combine the rice vinegar, soy sauce sesame seeds and chilli flakes together.
Prepare the batter mix
- Combine the tempura mix, cold water, salt and pepper thoroughly until its consistency resembles that of a pancake batter.
- Add the cooked fished chunks, grated carrot and chopped kimchi to the batter mix.
- Evenly coat all the prepared fillings with the batter mix.
- Heat up the 4 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium to high heat.
- Spoon ¼ cup of the batter mix and flatten it out to roughly 0.5cm thick (or thinner if you want it crispier).
- Fry 1-2 minutes on each side or until brown and to your desired crispiness.
- Serve with the piping hot kimchi fish pancake fritters with the dipping sauce and enjoy!
You may also like
Stir Fry Endives with Fish Cake
Deep-fried Fish with Chilies
Razor Clams Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Fish Head Curry
Braised Long Cabbage with Sweet Corn and Egg White Sauce
Stir-Fried Spring Onion Ginger Fish with Fragrant Sesame Oil
Abundance & Prosperity Poon Choi
Stir Fry KangKong
Crispy Fish Asparagus
Stir Fry Chye Sim with Mushroom
Ah Ma’s Achar
Gooey Cheese Sticks
Salmon Belly Skewers
Braised South African Baby Abalone with Stuffed Onion
Kam Heong Prawns
Air-Fryer Onion Pakora
Dak-galbi (Korean Spicy Stir-Fried Chicken)
Australian Premium Wild Abalone With Pomfret
Gold Bar Spring Roll
Ho-Ho-Hot Luncheon Meat Fries
Korean Egg Roll
Chilli Crab Dip
Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange