Lemon Cardamom Cake
How to cook
Prepare the cake batter
- Heat the oven to 170°C.
- Grease your Bundt pan well with melted butter.
- Whip butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy for about 2 minutes.
- Combine the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl then set aside.
- Prepare the wet ingredients - vanilla extract and eggs.
- Alternate adding in the dry and wet ingredients little by little into the butter mix until a very smooth and creamy-looking batter forms - start by whipping in a little of the dry ingredients, followed by the wet ingredients (one egg at a time).
- Fill the Bundt pan with the cake batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out completely clean (about 45-60 minutes).
- Remove the cake gently from the pan once it's cool enough to handle, then let it cool down further.
Assemble and serve
- Whisk the icing sugar and lemon juice together, and keep adding lemon juice until you have a slow-moving icing.
- Drizzle the icing on the cooled cake, decorate with lemon and sprinkle the chopped pistachios.
You may also like
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake
Caramelised Apple Crumble
Easy Numbers Cake
Peach & Blueberry Cheesecake
Durian Cream Pancakes
No-Bake Jelly Cake
Halloween Silly Fruit Bites
Grilled Pound Cake French Toast with Smoked Maple Syrup
Peach Sponge Cake
Orange Passover Cake
Sweet Bliss Melon and Pomelo Pudding
Baileys Irish Cheesecake
Strawberry Panna Cotta
Honey Walnut Cake
Mug Date Cake
Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls
Durian Sticky Rice
Strawberry Jelly Cheesecake
Just 5 Minutes: Microwave Cheesecake