Lotus Mooncake Cookies
|Butter (cold and cubed)||140 g|
|Granulated Sugar||75 g|
|Brown Sugar||75 g|
|Plain Flour||315 g|
|Baking Powder||1⁄2 tbsp|
|Vanilla Extract||1 tsp|
|Lotus Seed Paste||300 g|
|Dried Lotus Seeds (soaked, cored and boiled)||100 g|
|Water||1 1⁄2 tbsp|
|Oil (a neutral one will do)||40 g|
|Granulated Sugar||40 g|
How to cook
Prepare the dough
- In the bowl, add the cubed cold butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix on medium speed with a hand mixer until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add the eggs and whisk on medium speed until evenly combined.
- Add the baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix until evenly combined before mixing the flour in 2 parts.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces and flatten into discs.
- Leave to chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hrs.
Prepare the lotus seed paste
- In a bowl, soak the lotus seeds overnight.
- Boil it to soften, then strain and leave them to cool down.
- Cook it with water, oil and sugar until it forms a paste. Set aside.
- When cooled, roll them into dough balls of roughly 10g – 15g.
Rolling and shaping
- Take the dough out to defrost to room temperature.
- Roll a dough ball of lotus paste and place it in the middle of the dough.
- Wrap the dough around the paste and make sure that there are no holes. Use your hands to gently press them into discs.
- Line the air-fryer with a sheet of parchment paper and lay the cookies on top of it.
- Make sure that they are evenly spaced out as they will spread and increase in size as they bake.
- Bake at 160°C for 15-20 mins.
- Set aside to cool before serving.
You may also like
New Zealand Natural Ice Cream Cookies
Berry Christmas Cookies
Chocolate Button Cookies
Multigrain Fruity Cookies
Salted Egg Yolk Cookies
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip & Macadamia Cookies
Cashew & Almond Nut Cookies
Ginger Crunchy Cookies
Giant Oatmeal Cookies
Red Bean Jelly Mooncake
Salted Gula Melaka Chocolate Chip Cookies
Almond Cookies using Airfryer
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Makmur Cookies
Durian Sticky Rice
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Golden Pillow Cheese Pineapple Tarts
Blueberry Muffins with Organic Millet Quinoa Oatmeal
Kellogg’s Lace Nibbles
Jiufen Dessert Bowl
Keto Friendly Coconut Hojicha Muffin