German Meatballs with Mustard Gravy
chicken or pork
How to cook
Prepare the meatballs
- Stir fry the red onions with 1 teaspoon of salt until light brown (about 2 minutes) then set them aside to cool to room temperature.
- Combine the fried onions with minced meat, fresh coriander, mustard, egg, plain flour, milk and black pepper.
- Form the meatball mixture into balls then set aside in the fridge to firm up for 10 minutes.
- In a pan over medium heat add 3 tablespoon of oil, brown the meatballs on each side (about 1 minute per side) and remove from the pan.
- Alternatively, you can bake the meatballs in a preheated oven at 190°C (top & bottom heat, fan on) for 20-25 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
Prepare the mustard gravy
- In a pan, add butter and garlic and cook until garlic has softened.
- Whisk in the flour, mixing it constantly for 45 seconds so it does not burn.
- Add in the beef stock to deglaze the pan and add in the mustard, soy sauce, milk, salt and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then add the meatballs and simmer for 5 minutes.
Assemble and serve
- Serve the meatballs browned to perfection and smothered in the creamy gravy sauce.
- Garnish with sauerkraut, chopped coriander and sour cream if you desire.
You may also like
Yours Truly BLT Royale with Cheese
Pizza with Basilico Sauce
Apple Chicken Salad with Kale Pesto Pasta
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Spicy Chicken Nuggets
Focaccia Pork Shoulder Sliders
Fried Spaghetti Balls
Pizza with Fresh Vegetables
Pierogi with Potato Fillings
Steak with a Peppery Mushroom sauce
Roasted Salmon and Vegetables with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Yuletide Steak Salad Surprise
Baked Beans Scramble Eggs with Fresh Mushrooms
Happiee K-Bagel Fishiee Patty Burger with Kimchi Slaw
Sardinian Gnocchetti Salad
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Roast Beef Sliders
Burrata & Chive Mashed Potatoes
Curry Kale, Pumpkin, Paneer Muffins
Cream of Tomato Soup
Just 5 Minutes: Garlic Cheesy Bread