|For mee siam|
Mee Siam Paste
juice to taste
|For the garnish|
How to cook
Prepare the bee hoon
- Soak dry bee hoon in a pot of hot water until soft.
- Heat up bee hoon sambal with 75ml of water on medium heat till sambal dissolves for sambal mixture.
- Add soaked bee hoon to sambal mixture, stir fry for 2-3 mins in medium heat till dry.
Prepare the mee siam gravy
- Mix mee siam paste with 450ml of water in a pot and allow it to boil.
- Simmer for 2 mins. Do not cover pot.
Prepare egg garnishing
- In a bowl, beat 2 eggs and pour into hot frying pan and cook until it becomes a thin crepe.
- Once egg is fully cooked, remove from pan.
- Roll up egg crepe and slice thinly.
Prepare fried bean curd
- Deep fry bean curd till golden brown.
Assemble and serve
- Portion bee hoon, egg and bean curd into individual bowls.
- Stir mee siam gravy gently before pouring onto bee hoon.
- Add garnishes and serve with sambal chilli.
- Add lime juice to taste.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Nonya Dry Mee Siam
Roti Jala with Pengat Durian
Chocolate Button Cookies
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Honey Buih Thai Iced Tea
Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
Ayam Lemak Chilli Padi
Nasi Kerabu with Ayam Percik
Mini Chicken Satay (Inspired by the Singapore Flyer)
Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
Chef Siti Pasta Rempah
Nasi Minyak and Sambal Prawns with Arabic Salad
Healthy Nasi Lemak
Watermelon Air Katira
Kapitan Chicken Curry
Black Pepper Mutton
One Pot: Penang Prawn & Pineapple Curry