Mini Chicken Satay (Inspired by the Singapore Flyer)
soaked in cold water overnight
|Rempah (Spice Blend)|
white section only, sliced
|3 3⁄4 tsp|
Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
1/3 of the Rempah spice blend
|2 1⁄2 tbsp|
Tamarind Paste (assam)
2/3 of the Rempah spice blend
Dried Chilli Paste
|1 1⁄2 tbsp|
How to cook
Prepare the Rempah
- Blend galangal, garlic, shallots and lemongrass in a food processor until fine.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide into ⅓ and ⅔ portions for the marinade and satay sauce respectively.
Prepare the Satay
- Marinate chicken with ⅓ portion of rempah and the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for six hours, best overnight.
- Once ready, skewer 4-5 pieces through each satay stick.
- Place the satay on a pre-oiled grilling rack. Brush with oil and grill in preheated oven for about 6-8 minutes at 200 to 220°C.
- Flip, brush with oil again and grill for another 4 minutes until nicely charred.
Prepare the Satay Sauce
- Add warm water to tamarind paste and separate flesh from the seeds to make assam juice.
- In a wok, heat up the oil over medium-low heat. Add the remaining ⅔ portion of rempah and fry till aromatic.
- Add the dried chilli paste. Fry for another minute until the chilli oil starts to separate out.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Plate the banana leaves, satay, satay sauce, lontong rice and cucumber in the shape of the Singapore Flyer according to the picture.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
XO Sauce Pizza
Kapitan Chicken Curry
Ayam Lemak Chilli Padi
Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
Teriyaki Chicken Rice (Inspired by the Changi Airport)
Softshell Chilli Crab Gua Bao
Chicken Karaage Bento (Inspired by the Singa Lion)
Ayam Goreng Kalasan
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
Bubur Cha Cha (Inspired by the Dragon Playground)
Red & White Mini Falooda
Nasi Kerabu with Ayam Percik
Beef Rendang with Turmeric Rice
Mug Date Cake
Iga Penyet (Fried Beef Ribs)
Roasted Capsicum Paneer Masala with Basmati Rice
One Pot: Penang Prawn & Pineapple Curry
Healthy Nasi Lemak
Nasi Minyak and Sambal Prawns with Arabic Salad
Roti Jala with Pengat Durian