|For Flour Mix|
Cream Of Tartar
with 1/2 tsp lemon juice
|For Cake Mix|
zest, to taste
juice, squeezed (minimal large pulp)
How to cook
- Whip egg white with cream of tartar until big foamy bubbles start to form.
- Add in icing sugar gradually, a couple of tablespoons at a time.
- Whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
Prepare cake mix
- Beat butter & icing sugar until butter turns to a pale yellow and doubles in volume.
- Add egg yolks one at a time and beat well to combine before adding the next.
- Add in the pomelo zest and juice and mix well.
- Add flour to the cake mix in 4 batches, making sure flour is mixed in before adding more.
- Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Fold in ¼ of the meringue to the cake mix to lighten the mixture.
- Fold in the remaining meringue in two batches to ensure the mixture retains the fluffiness.
- Pour into a greased & lined cake pan and tap on the tabletop a couple of times to remove large air bubbles.
- Smooth the top of the cake mixture.
- Bake at 170°C for 45-50 mins until the top is light brown.
- When you poke the center with a toothpick, it should come out clean with no batter stuck to it.
- Let the cake rest on a wire rack for 10-15 mins or until room temperature.
- Serve with a dusting of icing sugar & zest and cream on the side and enjoy!
You may also like
Grilled Pound Cake French Toast with Smoked Maple Syrup
Brown Sugar Huat Kueh
Easy Numbers Cake
Chocolate Christmas Log Cake
No-Bake Jelly Cake
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake
Coconut & Pomelo Mochi Pudding
No-Bake Taro Tofu Cake
butter marble cake
Lemon Cardamom Cake
Pomelo & Mango Crepe
Mango Sago with Pomelo
Orange Passover Cake
Black Forest 'Cake'
Chui kao shao cookies
CNY inspired Tiger Swiss Roll
Mug Date Cake
Honey Walnut Cake
Sweet Bliss Melon and Pomelo Pudding
Peach Sponge Cake