Quick Whole Wheat Wraps
Vegetarian Refried Black Beans
Lean Hamburger Meat
can use chicken/shrimp
How to cook
- In a bowl, stir the red onion, chopped cilantro and lime juice. Set aside and make sure to stir occasionally.
- In a large pan, heat ¼-inch of oil over medium heat.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, spread 1 large tablespoon of refried black beans and 1/2 tablespoon of the onion, cilantro and lime mixture evenly along one side of the tortilla.
- Gently roll the tortilla tightly beginning on the side with the filling.
- Use a toothpick to secure the tortilla so it doesn’t unroll while cooking.
- Tip: Try to roll 4 tortillas then place them in the hot pan and roll 4 more while the others were cooking until they are all finished.
Hamburger meat version
- In a separate pan, brown hamburger meat (make sure it’s broken into small pieces and cooked all the way through).
- When filling the tortillas, spread around 1-2 tablespoons of meat as well.
- You can make with shredded chicken or chopped shrimp – whatever your family prefers!
Cooking the tortillas
- Place the rolled tortillas seam side down in the hot oil and cook.
- When you’re ready to rotate, remove the toothpick and rotate with tongs until they are golden brown on all sides (about 4-5 minutes per batch).
- Continue to cook the rest of the tortillas in batches, adding more oil as needed.
- Serve with guacamole, lettuce or spinach, shredded cheese, salsa and lime wedges. YUM!
- Freeze for the week and pop in the oven to heat up. Wrap in foil to keep warm!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Quick Thai Breakfast Pan Eggs
Easy Homemade Granola
Fro-Yo Fruit Bites5.0 (1)
Egg & Avocado Wrap Using Oven
Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl
Baked Rice Croquette
Quick Seabass Miso Ochazuke
Peanut Butter Protein Bites
Baked Beans Scramble Eggs with Fresh Mushrooms
Black Chickpea Salad
Stir Fry Chye Sim with Mushroom
Apple Chicken Salad with Kale Pesto Pasta
Homemade Acai Bowl
Baked Miso Eggplant
Salted Egg Yolk Chicken Wrap
Salmon and Bok Choy
Baked Pesto Chicken with Quinoa Veg
Maitake Mushroom Wholemeal Breakfast Wraps
Chicken Caesar Wraps
Banana Chia Oatmeal with Peanut Butter