Roti Jala with Pengat Durian
|For Flour Mixture|
|For Durian Sauce|
How to cook
Prepare flour mixture
- Whisk together the flour, water, coconut milk, eggs and salt in a bowl until smooth. Strain the mixture if needed.
- Separate the mixture into 2 batches, mix turmeric in one and pandan extract in the other.
Prepare durian sauce
- Bring the durian flesh and coconut milk to a gentle simmer in another pot.
- Add in water, pandan extract, coconut milk, sugars, salt and water. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a very lightly greased pan in the toaster oven for 3 mins.
- Working quickly, invert the bottle and drizzle the batter in quick circular or zig-zag motions to form a net-like pattern.
- Allow the pancakes to cook for 2 mins in the toaster oven at 200°C without flipping it. Watch it closely so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the pancakes from the pan. Using a dough scraper, fold in the sides and roll it up.
- Serve your pancakes hot with durian sauce on the side!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Lontong Sayur with Beef Rendang
Nasi Kerabu with Ayam Percik
Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
Beef Rendang with Turmeric Rice
Oven Roasted Curry Chicken with Vegetables
Ayam Lemak Chilli Padi2.5 (2)
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Pineapple and Starfruit Prata Galette
Sambal Belacan with Mixed Vegetables
Nasi Minyak and Sambal Prawns with Arabic Salad
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
Nonya Dry Mee Siam
Homemade Laksa Noodles
Iga Penyet (Fried Beef Ribs)
Ayam Masak Merah Kerisik
Bubur Candil (Sweet Tapioca Balls in Coconut Cream Sauce)
Kapitan Chicken Curry
Ayam Goreng Kalasan
Blue Pea flower Nasi Padang