Roti Jala with Pengat Durian
|For Flour Mixture|
|For Durian Sauce|
How to cook
Prepare flour mixture
- Whisk together the flour, water, coconut milk, eggs and salt in a bowl until smooth. Strain the mixture if needed.
- Separate the mixture into 2 batches, mix turmeric in one and pandan extract in the other.
Prepare durian sauce
- Bring the durian flesh and coconut milk to a gentle simmer in another pot.
- Add in water, pandan extract, coconut milk, sugars, salt and water. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a very lightly greased pan in the toaster oven for 3 mins.
- Working quickly, invert the bottle and drizzle the batter in quick circular or zig-zag motions to form a net-like pattern.
- Allow the pancakes to cook for 2 mins in the toaster oven at 200°C without flipping it. Watch it closely so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the pancakes from the pan. Using a dough scraper, fold in the sides and roll it up.
- Serve your pancakes hot with durian sauce on the side!
You may also like
Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
Pineapple and Starfruit Prata Galette
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Nasi Kerabu with Ayam Percik
Nasi Minyak and Sambal Prawns with Arabic Salad
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
Beef Rendang with Turmeric Rice
Healthy Nasi Lemak
Kueh Dadar Crepe Cake
Nonya Dry Mee Siam
One Pot: Penang Prawn & Pineapple Curry
Ayam Goreng Kalasan
Pulut Hitam Panna Cotta
Chef Siti Pasta Rempah
Kapitan Chicken Curry
Chocolate Button Cookies
Homemade Laksa Noodles
Watermelon Air Katira