Salted Egg Yolk Chee Cheong Fun
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
|Chee Cheong Fun Skin|
Dim Sum Flour
Frozen Sotong Dough Fritters
or pork floss
|Salted Egg Yolk Sauce|
Salted Egg Yolks
How to cook
Prepare the Chee Cheong Fun skin
- In a bowl, add in the rice flour, dim sum flour, tapioca starch and water.
- Mix well and set aside.
Prepare the salted egg yolk sauce
- In a small bowl, steam salted egg yolks for 5 minutes. Cool and crumble into finer pieces.
- In a pot, heat up the butter, crushed salted egg yolks, milk, sugar, chilli padi and curry leaves. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly simmer till sauce slightly thickens. Let it cool and sieve. Set aside.
Prepare the sotong dough fritters
- In an air fryer, air fry the sotong dough fritters as per the cooking instructions on the package.
- Cut the dough fritters into quarters and set aside to cool.
Cook the Chee Cheong Fun skin
- Fill the rice cooker vessel with water and turn on ‘steam’ function.
- Once the water reaches a gentle simmer, lay the soaked muslin cloth on a metal pan.
- Add 1 to 2 cups of the flour mixture onto the muslin cloth until it forms a thin layer.
- Place the metal pan in the rice cooker, close the lid and steam for 2 minutes.
- Remove the Chee Cheong Fun skin and the muslin cloth from the rice cooker and let it cool for 30sec to 1min.
Assemble and serve
- Lightly brush a layer of sesame oil in the middle of the Chee Cheong Fun skin.
- Lay the dough fritters quarters and chicken floss on the Chee Cheong Fun.
- Use a bench scrapper to roll the dough away from you while pulling the cloth towards you.
- Cut the Chee Cheong Fun into bite-sized pieces.
- Plate and drizzle the salted egg yolk sauce over it. Top with chicken floss and spring onions.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Classic Bunny SCS Buttery Pineapple Tarts
Salted Egg Prawns
Salted Egg Yolk Seafood Boil
Spinach Breakfast Platter
Taiwanese Pineapple Tarts
Chocolate Chips Peanut Cookies
Golden Chicken Ingot
Quick Thai Breakfast Pan Eggs
Baked Beans Scramble Eggs with Fresh Mushrooms
Egg & Avocado Wrap Using Oven
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Egg and Potato Casserole2.8 (4)
Soft Shell Crab Salted Eggs Benedict
Buddha Jump Over The Wall in Egg White Fortune Pouch
Har Cheong Gai1.0 (1)
Chui kao shao cookies
Easy & Healthy Tiger Roar Pen Cai
Salted Egg Pork Roulade