Salted Gula Melaka Chocolate Chip Cookies
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Fine Granulated Sugar
Sea Salt Flakes
How to cook
Prepare cake mixture
- In a large mixing bowl, add granulated sugar, gula melaka, softened butter, egg and vanilla essence.
- Beat with a mixer until smooth and thoroughly combined. Small chunks of gula melaka might be visible.
- Add flour, baking soda and sea salt. Stir and fold to mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips until it spreads evenly in the batter.
- Refrigerate batter for about 20 mins.
- Heat oven to 190°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- Once the batter has chilled, remove it from the fridge.
- Use two regular teaspoons to scoop up some batter to form balls of dough ~ 1 teaspoon in size.
- Place balls of the cookie dough 5 cm apart on the baking sheet to allow for spreading.
- Sprinkle some sea salt flakes on top of each cookie.
- Bake for approximately 8–10 mins.
- Once baked, rest cookies on the baking sheet for 5 mins before removing and transferring to a cooling rack to cool.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Kellogg’s Lace Nibbles
Baby Tiger Red Bean Bread (Anpan)
Easy Numbers Cake
Rendang Shepherd’s Pie
Caramelised Apple Crumble
Salted Egg Yolk Cookies
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Makmur Cookies
Pandan Gula Melaka Cake
Churros Ice Cream Bowl
Apple & Hazelnut Oats Brownies
Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies
Almond Cookies using Airfryer
Kellogg’s Rendang Crisps
Chocolate Button Cookies
No Bake Peanut Butter & Rolled Oats Energy Balls
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Tartlets
Traditional Baked Lotus Mooncake with Salted Egg Yolk
Baked Tiger Curry Puff with Kelly Luncheon Ham (Picante Pork)
Chui kao shao cookies