Scrambled Eggs with Crispy Basil Chicken
|1 1⁄2 tbsp|
White Pepper Powder
Thai Basil Leaf (or Purple and Sweet Basil)
White Pepper Powder
|Basil Chicken Sauce Mix|
large Holy Basil Leaves
How to cook
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Whisk well with whipping cream, white pepper, sugar and fish sauce. Set the egg mixture aside for 15 mins.
- Sauté garlic and shallots on medium heat for 5 mins in a heavy-bottomed frying pan.
- Mix the sauces for the basil chicken. Add half of this sauce mix into the pan with garlic and shallots until the liquid has reduced to almost half in volume.
- Add minced chicken into the pan and cook on high heat. Stir constantly.
- Add the remainder of sauce mix and Thai Basil Leaf, then cook for 3 mins.
- Pour in the egg mixture as the chicken is being cooked. Stir constantly.
- When the egg mixture starts to solidify into curds at the bottom of the pan, remove from heat and stir gently, then place back on heat to carry on cooking.
- Repeat this step 4-5 times until the scrambled eggs are creamy and similar to custard. Do not use too much heat and to prevent scrambled eggs from being dry and crumbly.
- Deep fry curry leaf and holy basil leaf till crispy, then drain on paper towels.
- Plate the scrambled eggs, minced chicken and top with crispy leaves. Serve immediately!
You may also like
Ban Choon Tomato Basil Pesto Pasta
Fragrant Rose Wine Chicken
Chicken Salad Spread
Teriyaki Chicken Rice (Inspired by the Changi Airport)
Chicken Broccoli Salad
Beer Braised Chicken Nachos
Chicken Karaage with Rice
Wok-fried Mee Sua with Tiger Prawns
Salted Egg Yolk Seafood Boil
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Grilled Striploin Steak with Garlic Butter Mushroom
Chicken Caesar Wraps
Chicken Brown Rice
Spaghetti Chili Garlic
Grilled Pound Cake French Toast with Smoked Maple Syrup
Soft Shell Crab Salted Eggs Benedict
One-Pan Pasta with Canned Tomatoes
Chicken Karaage Bento (Inspired by the Singa Lion)
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
Happiee K-Bagel Fishiee Patty Burger with Kimchi Slaw
Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Salted Egg Pork Roulade