Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Canned Palm Hearts
How to cook
- Remove the lemon's peel and add it along with 4 cups of water, 1 tbsp salt, chili flakes and peppercorns to a medium sized pot over high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Reserve the remaining lemon.
- Peel and devein the shrimp and add to the pot of seasoned water, along with the juice of the reserved lemon.
- Cook shrimp until they turn pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp and plunge into a bowl of iced water to halt cooking. Once the shrimp are thoroughly cooled, drain and reserve in a large bowl.
- Slice the palm hearts into rounds, thinly slice the onion. Reserve.
- Halve the avocado, remove the seed, and spoon out chunked pieces into a small prep bowl.
- In a small bowl, squeeze the juice of 1 lime and add the olive oil along with 1.5 tsp of smoked paprika. Stir with a spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Roughly chop the cilantro and combine with the reserved palm hearts and onion. Add this combination along with the dressing to the reserved shrimp. Season with a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Plate the shrimp salad on a platter or in bowl.
- Top with reserved avocado pieces.
- Garnish with cilantro, black pepper & a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil if desired.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Goat Cheese With Arugula and Pear Salad
Easy Pen Cai
Go Nuts on Immunity Pasta Salad
Black Chickpea Salad
Chicken Salad Spread
Superfood Quinoa Salad
Merry Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
Seared Salmon with Rainbow Salad
Sustenir Wonton Spinach Noodles Soup
Pan Fried Fukuyama Scallops with Citrus Tofu Sauce
Sustenir Kale Pesto, Potato and Green Bean Salad
Iron Rich Platters
Sustenir Easy Arugula Salad
Sardinian Gnocchetti Salad
Maitake Mushroom Wholemeal Breakfast Wraps
Apple Chicken Salad with Kale Pesto Pasta
Braised Stuffed Shiitake Mushrooms with Greens
Chicken Broccoli Salad
Thai Green Papaya Salad (Som Tum)
Grilled Chicken Pita
Overnight Oats Parfait
Galaxy Lemonade Soda