Steak with a Peppery Mushroom sauce
splash Brandy (optional)
Quality sirloin steaks
A few sprigs Fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to cook
- Wipe clean and roughly slice all the mushrooms, then peel and finely slice the garlic. Crush the peppercorns.
- Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan on a high heat, add the mushrooms and fry for 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the garlic, crushed peppercorns and a pinch of sea salt, then cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour over the brandy (if using), and fry for 1 minute, or until the liquid has cooked away, then turn the pan off and set aside.
- Place a clean frying pan on a high heat to get screaming hot.
- Drizzle the steaks with a little oil, and season well with salt and black pepper, then rub all over.
- Place the steaks into the hot pan and cook to your liking: 1 to 2 minutes on each side for medium rare, 2 to 3 minutes for medium and 4 minutes for well done.
- Meanwhile, pick and roughly chop the parsley.
- Once cooked, remove the steaks to a warm plate to rest.
- Turn the pan down to low, add the crème fraîche, a splash of water and the parsley and mushrooms. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring well to mix through all the lovely meat juices.
- Serve the steak drizzled with peppery mushroom sauce, and the sides of your choice.
You may also like
Pierogi with Potato Fillings
Happiee K-Bagel Fishiee Patty Burger with Kimchi Slaw
Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Salmon Fillet “Comme A La Maison”
Pizza with Fresh Vegetables
Roasted Salmon and Vegetables with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Octopus Carpaccio with Kimchi Cream
Pizza with Basilico Sauce
Xi’an Spiced Chicken with Fragrant Rice
Black Pepper Mutton
German Meatballs with Mustard Gravy
Roasted Prawns with Seaweed Butter
Dry Laksa Udon with Tiger Prawns
Spaghetti Chili Garlic
Stir-Fry Basil Pork with Rice & Egg
Scrambled Eggs with Crispy Basil Chicken
Grilled Striploin Steak with Garlic Butter Mushroom
One-Pan Pasta with Canned Tomatoes
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
Braised Prawns, Crab Meat & E-Fu Noodles In Oyster Sauce
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Yours Truly BLT Royale with Cheese
Chicken Karaage with Rice