Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
both the green and white stem chopped
Shao Xing Chinese Cooking Wine
How to cook
- Marinate the pork mince with Chinese cooking wine and soy sauce.
- Mix thoroughly with the spring onions, shallots, salted vegetables, garlic and white pepper.
- Whisk the chicken broth and eggs together.
- Strain the egg mixture through a sieve to remove air bubbles and into a ceramic bowl that can be used for steaming food.
- Wrap the bowl in cling film and steam for approximately 15 mins.
- When the egg mixture has set, gently add the minced pork mixture on top of the custard-like egg mixture.
- Cover the bowl and steam for an additional 5 minutes, or until the pork mince mixture is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from heat and garnish with the chopped coriander leaves and stems before serving!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Coffee Pork Ribs
Nai Nai Braised Pork
Braised Sea Cucumber, Scallops and Roast Pork Claypot
Prawn and Egg Fried Rice
Salted Egg Prawns
Sweet and Sour Prawns with Assorted Fruits
Vegetable Spring Rolls
Coca Cola Braised Pork Belly
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Braised Pork Belly
Stir Fry Kailan with Crispy Pork
Korean Steamed Eggs
Braised Long Cabbage with Sweet Corn and Egg White Sauce
Singapore-Style Chilli Tiger Prawns and Mussels
Teochew Style Steamed Fish
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Trio Egg Spinach Noodle Soup
Crispy Luncheon Meat with Egg Floss
Chinese Yam (Taro) and Pork Congee