Sunshine Pappardelle in Carrot & Leek Cream
Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached White All-Purpose Organic Flour
|2 1⁄4 cups|
|Carrot & Leek Cream|
peeled and finely sliced
Tesco Parmigiano Regular Cheese, block form
Sea Salt Flakes
How to cook
Prepare carrot and leek cream
- Sauté carrots, leeks and garlic in butter over low heat, then add milk and cream. Simmer over medium heat for about 40 mins.
- Once the vegetables are extremely soft with little liquid left in the pot, blend in a food processor till fine and silky. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prepare kale chips
- Cut kale into 2 inch-sized pieces and discard central rib.
- Toss them with olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Spread onto large baking tray, leaving space between each piece and bake at 160°C for 25 mins until crisp.
- Check every 10 mins to prevent kale from burning.
- In a food processor, mix flour and salt, then add in whole eggs, yolks and olive oil.
- Add a little oil if dough looks dry or add a little flour if dough appears wet and sticky.
- Transfer dough from processor onto a clean work surface. Knead the dough with the heels of your hand until smooth and shiny.
- Cling wrap and let it rest for 30-60 mins.
- Divide pasta dough into quarters.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece of dough into a thin sheet. Flour each sheet and fold over in thirds.
- Cut pasta into wide or thin strips, based on preference.
- Loosen and dust with more flour.
Cook and serve
- Boil fresh pasta in salted, boiling water till al dente.
- Drain and transfer pasta onto a shallow pan, toss with a generous amount of carrot and leek cream at medium heat.
- Grate parmesan onto kale chips and top them over the pasta. Serve immediately!
You may also like
Creamy Seafood Pasta
Braised Prawns, Crab Meat & E-Fu Noodles In Oyster Sauce
Octopus Carpaccio with Kimchi Cream
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone Pasta in Red Wine Cream Sauce
Cream of Tomato Soup
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Spicy Chicken Chilli Oil Noodles
Focaccia Pork Shoulder Sliders
Rice-Cooker Salt Baked Chicken
Roasted Prawns with Seaweed Butter
Just 5 Minutes: Garlic Cheesy Bread
Chicken Caesar Wraps
Rice Cooker Laksa Fried Rice
Dry Laksa Udon with Tiger Prawns
Broccoli, Sage & Cashew Pasta
Tomato Fried Rice
Seafood Mala Xiang Guo
Crispy Skin Pan Seared Salmon
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
One-Pan Pasta with Canned Tomatoes
Baked Seafood Pasta Bag
Sweet & Sour Christmas Bells