Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
How to cook
- Add oil into a soup pot to sauté garlic, ginger and onion till slightly wilted, then add in ground cumin, ground coriander, cinnamon stick cardamoms and star anise and stir-fry over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Turn up the heat to high and add in oxtail and seared for another 5 mins.
- Add in beef stock and water and bring it to a boil before letting it simmer in low heat for 2 hours.
- Add in potatoes and carrots to simmer for another 10mins, before adding in tomatoes and celery to simmer for another 10mins.
- Season the soup with fish sauce and adjust according to taste preference, garnish with spring onion and the soup is ready to serve!
You may also like
Prata Pot Pie With Boston Clam Chowder
Fish Maw Soup in Young Coconut
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – ABC Soup
Lion Head Fish Maw Soup
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Tom Yum Goong
Light and Bright Beef Stew
Salmon Head Soup
Festive Seafood Abalone & Fish Maw Soup
Cream of Tomato Soup
Family Treasure Soup
Winter Melon & Corn Soup
Pork Shoulder & Mushrooms Red Wine Stew
Chinese Watercress Soup
Italian-Style Chicken Stew
Chicken Soup with Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms
Double-Boiled Winter Melon Chicken Soup with Black Eye Bean
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone with Red Chili Stew
Japanese Udon Soup
Steamed Pork Ribs with Salted Plum