Superfood Quinoa Salad
Red Bell Pepper
Flat Leaf Parsley
How to cook
Prepare the quinoa
- Place quinoa in a medium sauce pan with 1 cup of water then bring the water to boil.
- Reduce to low heat, then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed - add more water if needed.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork and leave covered to cool.
Prepare the salad vegetables
- Chop the broccoli into small florets and steam lightly over boiling water in a steaming basket for 3-4 minutes - only partially steam to keep as many good nutrients as possible.
- Wash and chop spinach and parsley and add to a large salad bowl.
- Add diced red onions, chilies, cherry tomatoes and red bell bell pepper to the salad bowl.
- Deseed the pomegranate and add the seeds and roughly chopped almonds to the salad bowl.
Prepare the salad dressing
- In a small jar with a lid, add the juice of one lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper and shake well.
Assemble and serve
- Add the cooked quinoa, broccoli and dressing to the salad bowl.
- Toss well and serve.
You may also like
Iron Rich Platters
Chicken Broccoli Salad
Sustenir Easy Arugula Salad
Maitake Mushroom Wholemeal Breakfast Wraps
Chicken Salad Spread
Black Chickpea Salad
Sardinian Gnocchetti Salad
30-Minutes Quinoa Bowl
Sustenir Kale Pesto, Potato and Green Bean Salad
Go Nuts on Immunity Pasta Salad
Seared Salmon with Rainbow Salad
Merry Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
Apple Chicken Salad with Kale Pesto Pasta
Baked Pesto Chicken with Quinoa Veg
Zespri Kiwifruit Lollies
Grilled Chicken Pita
Quick Seabass Miso Ochazuke
Rice Porridge (Congee)
Salmon and Bok Choy
Peanut Butter Protein Bites
Fruit & Vegetable Popsicles