Thai Mango Sticky Rice
fresh honey mango
skinned & sliced
|1 1⁄4 cups|
How to cook
- Rinse rice under cold water till it becomes clear.
- Add rice & water into the rice cooker & let it stand for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, cook your rice & water in the rice cooker.
- Once cooked, leave the rice to sit for 5 minutes.
- Start preparing the sauce.
- Boil coconut milk, sugar, and salt together.
- Bring it to a simmer by lowering the heat until the sauce has thickened & sugar dissolved.
- While waiting, fluff the rice with a rice paddle.
- Once the sauce has been cooked, pour in ¾ of it into the rice.
- Mix it together for 10 minutes to allow the rice to absorb the coconut sauce.
- Assemble the rice with sliced mango & spoon the remaining sauce over.
- Serve it while hot.
You may also like
Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls
Mango Sago with Pomelo
Pomelo & Mango Crepe
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake
Durian Sticky Rice
Crepes With Caramelised Apples
Coconut & Pomelo Mochi Pudding
Eight treasure rice
Thai Green Papaya Salad (Som Tum)
Bubur Cha Cha (Inspired by the Dragon Playground)
Sweet Potato Ondeh Ondeh
Purple Sweet Potato Onde-Onde Energy Balls
Rose-Flavoured Glutinous Rice Balls
Durian Min Jiang Kueh
Glutinous Rice Balls ‘Tang Yuan’ with Black Sesame Paste
Grilled Pound Cake French Toast with Smoked Maple Syrup
Blackcurrant Ice Cream
Fruit & Vegetable Popsicles
Zespri Kiwifruit Lollies
Orange Passover Cake
Lotus Mooncake Cookies