Tsukune in Miso Happy Broth
Water Chestnuts, peeled and finely diced
Yellow Onion, finely diced
Carrot, finely diced
Light Soy Sauce
Fresh Shiitake Mushrooms
Shallots, finely sliced and fried
Marumo Aoki Miso White Soybean Paste (No Additives)
Kombu (Japanese Kelp) (approx. 5x15cm)
Thai Spring Onions, finely sliced
How to cook
- Mix ingredients for meatballs thoroughly. Divide the meat mixture into 16 portions and form meatballs, flattening slightly.
- Sear till brown and set aside.
- Add kombu to boiling water and turn off the heat. Steep for 20 mins and remove the kombu.
- Add bonito flakes and simmer stock for 30 secs, let cool for 5 mins and strain.
- Add miso and mix broth thoroughly over low heat.
- Gently simmer the vegetables and mushrooms in miso broth for 15 minutes over low heat, then cook the meatballs for 5 mins.
- Garnish with fried shallots, sesame oil and spring onions. Itadakimasu!
You may also like
Fish Maw Soup in Young Coconut
Italian-Style Chicken Stew
Tom Yum Goong
Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
Lion Head Fish Maw Soup
Cream of Tomato Soup
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – ABC Soup
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Salmon Head Soup
Light and Bright Beef Stew
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone with Red Chili Stew
Family Treasure Soup
Chinese Watercress Soup
Winter Melon & Corn Soup
Chicken Soup with Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms
Steamed Pork Ribs with Salted Plum
Easy Bean Stew
Prata Pot Pie With Boston Clam Chowder