French Du Puy Lentils
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Small Yellow Onion
Garden Fresh Thyme
Canned Red Tomato Paste with no salt
How to cook
- Prepare vegetables; dice mushrooms, carrots, celery and onions. Mince garlic and tomatoes, and chiffonade (aka finely slice) basil.
- Tip! Use a food processor to speed up chopping process (leave the basil and tomatoes out and slice by hand).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil to pan and sauté onions, garlic, celery, carrots and mushrooms, with a pinch of salt, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme and red wine scraping the bottom of the pan, and let wine reduce by half.
Create Sauce (continued)
- Add rinsed lentils and vegetable stock, and let simmer, uncovered on low, for 25 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Add more liquid during cooking if sauce seems dry.
- Turn off heat. Add basil and season with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Pick out the thyme springs and discard before serving.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt.
- Cook pappardelle until al dente, firm to bite but not soft.
Serve & Enjoy!
- Plate pasta and enjoy with sauce and a drizzle of olive oil if desired!
You may also like
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – Indian Chicken Curry
Beef Rendang with Turmeric Rice
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Mullet Fillet Mala
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – Mixed Vegetables Stir-Fry
Halloween Silly Fruit Bites
Chicken Karaage with Rice
Mullet Fillet Teriyaki
Chrysanthemum Milk Tea with Chestnut Pearls
Cashew Crusted Avocado
Cheesy Ketchup Fried Rice with Cutlet
Sunshine Pappardelle in Carrot & Leek Cream
Wok-fried Mee Sua with Tiger Prawns
Curry Fried Rice
Healthy Chicken & Veggie Kabob
Butter Chicken Masala served with Pilaf
Fried Spaghetti Balls
Double-Boiled Winter Melon Chicken Soup with Black Eye Bean