Watermelon Air Katira
or to taste
How to cook
Prepare the soaked ingredients
- Soak the gum tragacanth for 7 hours or overnight (if possible).
- Soak the basil seeds in water until they become plump.
- Slice the dried dates thinly then soak them in boiling water for 10-15 minutes to soften.
Prepare the liquids
- Rip the pandan leaf in half to release its fragrance then knot it.
- Add water, sugar and pandan leaf in a pot and keep stirring until it reaches a low boil, or the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Remove the pot from heat and refrigerate the pandan sugar syrup so it can cool down faster.
- Blend the cubed watermelon.
Assemble and serve
- Add the soaked ingredients into a jug.
- Pour in the pandan sugar syrup and the blended watermelon.
- Add then evaporated milk, stir will and serve chilled!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Nasi Minyak and Sambal Prawns with Arabic Salad
Homemade Laksa Noodles
Chocolate Button Cookies
One Pot: Penang Prawn & Pineapple Curry
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Roti Jala with Chicken Curry
Sup Ekor (Oxtail Soup)
Honey Buih Thai Iced Tea
Chicken Rendang with Potatoes
Mini Chicken Satay (Inspired by the Singapore Flyer)
Mug Date Cake
Beef Rendang with Turmeric Rice
Pineapple and Starfruit Prata Galette
Ayam Goreng Kalasan
Chef Siti Pasta Rempah
Nasi Kerabu with Ayam Percik
Kueh Dadar Crepe Cake
Pulut Hitam Panna Cotta